click on photos to enlarge. comments are welcome!

Thursday, June 7, 2007

She easily cries...

Last day of training at work today - thank God!! I had to tutor a 6yo today...who was crying and just did not want to cooperate. It was her first day here and I thought I was going to have my hands full for the entire time.

Somehow, she warmed up to me, and I let her take breaks every so often to draw pictures/color random word problems/play tic-tac-toe with me/eat candy and it was actually quite pleasant. She didn't even want to leave and asked when she was going to come back next. Whoo. Crisis definitely averted.

So I actually start working Saturday! 9-5:30, too bad I have to get there so fucking early (8am) to start preparing for the entire day. That means my ass will actually get paid before July!! WHOO!!

My body has not been cooperating with me the past day or so. I haven't been to the gym in 2 days because I've either been really tired (yesterday) or having intense stomach aches (today). Since I don't work tomorrow my lazy butt is going to the gym for like 3 hours.

-----------------------------------
Random Music Reviews -

White Stripes - Icky Thump - very eh, read some raves, so I went and got the album..not very into this sort of disjointed, low-fi music with at-times cacophonous melodies

Stroke 9 - The Last of the International Playboys - different from Nasty Little Thoughts and Rip It Off, haven't given it more than 2 straight plays through, think it will get better definitely with more listens

Paramore - Riot! - a lot more rock-n-roll than the last album, am loving Haylie's voice on this album, wish at times the tempo could slow down just a little

Kelly Clarkson - My December - a lot of very emotional...Behind-Hazel-Eyes-esque songs on this album, which in my mind isn't too bad...but it gets a little trite for the entire album, am not so crazy about the single nor am I so crazy about some of the slower songs on the album...all in all, a sophomoric album - expected to fizzle.

No comments: