click on photos to enlarge. comments are welcome!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend Away

Friday: got to the city, wandered around Midtown area with my cousin, window shopping along with actually buying things (2 cute summery dresses!!). It sucked a bit b/c I had a good portion of stuff with me, but she lives about an hour 1/2 away so I didn't feel like going back and then coming to shop more. We eneded up in Chinatown later b/c I was hungry and needed REAL food.

Ghetto part of my day: my cellphone died so we walked into a random Starbucks, and stood behind these 2 old ladies sitting next to an outlet until they got up a left so we could sit down for 20min and charge my phone.

Went to eat --> for anyone who actually goes to Chinatown - they DO NOT take credit cards!! I thought I was going to starve to death because I literally had 12.96$ in my checking account and there was no Bank of America ATM in sight. Anyway, my cousin spotted me and we actually got to eat and it was all good.

After dinner we walked to SoHo and bummed around there for a while - really great shopping, I must admit, and if I ever get depressed about anything I could just walk around these stores and feel better, unlike now where I just brood in misery.

Saturday: visited a 1L that I knew from college...learned a LOT more about the school, and still absolutely loved it, so I'm REALLY excited about August. He also lives in the apartments that I had applied for through housing, and his apt was pretty nice, clean, and new so that was good.

After that, I met up with another friend and ended up in SoHo for dinner/drinks. Okay, by dinner I mean we ate bull penis (not good at all, really chewy), salted cow tongue (like chewy beef, not too bad), and fried frog (too little meat, but the flavor was good). And by drinks I mean we drank 2 1/2 pitchers by ourselves and had to give the other pitcher away to another table. Then we went to some bar and got even more trashed and some dude bought shots for us, then ended up at a wine/beer bar around 3am. Not sure what happened after that or exactly the time, but all I know is we got lost looking for the subways, and I was on her couch in her apt at 6:30am.

Complete and giant mess at NYC and I love it...!

1 comment:

Overpriced Designer Man Bag said...

omg bull penis that's disgusting