click on photos to enlarge. comments are welcome!

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Man Update

Last night was fun. Boy #2 (29, Ad Exec from NY) cooked for me (!!) and we watched tv/movies like an old married couple. It was actually pretty cute. It just felt awkward because we're not an old married couple, nor are we a couple at all...and I don't know, it was weird. He was really fun and whatnot, but it was just awkward how it ended because I didn't know what to do...whether we were going to hang out again or if there was going to be a goodnight kiss, and it ended up being - "okay I'm going to leave now" and as I turn my head he goes in to kiss me and it goes into my hair...

So that was awkward, and I don't know what's going to come out of that.

Boy #1 (33, owns bars) has shit all weekend nights so we'll see how our schedule matches up next week. He called not the next day but the day after. I love boys who go by these ridiculous date rules. He opened doors for me (!!) and it was quite cute.

In other surprising news, as I am dating around the older age pool, I have come to realize what I have really missed out on in the past couple of years toying around with college boys - clean houses (not apartments that they share with 2 other dudes!) and men with manners. I was seriously SO surprised that the boy-owned houses 1)don't smell like stale beer, 2)are actually decorated and 3) are really clean and NICE.

Anyway, tonight was the co-worker's b-day party. It was actually pretty fun, despite the fact that I knew about 4 of the 20 people there and I was sitting next to my boss the entire night. Sat next to a cute boy (late 20s, HS English teacher). Too bad said boy did not ask for my number and instead facebook friended me...which is kind of a bummer because the internet is just really ruining it for the dating scene in real life. Instead of exchanging numbers it's - let's exchange myspace URLs or facebook friendships.

The only downer about this boy is the fact that he's also not that tall (boy#1 is not tall, boy#2 is pretty tall) which means me in heels tonight = his height if not a little taller.

OH WELL, I'm only in this place for like 6 more weeks...which is fucking scary because I don't want to actually DO school work...fuck.

No comments: