click on photos to enlarge. comments are welcome!

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Craptastic

So I just started listening to The Brilliant Green, this J-Rock band that TIME magazine named as one of the top 10 most influential international bands. Apparently, the lead singer had/has a solo career, and I can't help but get sucked into the fantastic crap that is J-poprock. She sounds like much less annoying Avril Lavigne. Her name is Tommy Heavely6, and when she makes pop music, her name is Tommy February6. It's quite bizarre, but now my last.fm is marred with all this J-pop. Oh well.

And to think, I used to make fun of people who listened to J-Pop and K-pop and C-pop and all of those other Asian countries' music...although most of the time I made fun of them because they were either really FOB-y or white people who really wished they were Asian. I'm neither, and I'm just obsessed with music, so I guess I get a free pass.

It makes me sad because Oink doesn't have all the Brilliant Green and Tommy Heavenly6 albums and the ones that they do have, only have 1 or 2 seeders which means that I have to wait for 2-3 hours for the entire album to download. Sadness indeed. Additionally, they don't have the greatness that is Haifa (Lebanese popstar who sings in Arabic) and that makes me cry on the inside.

In other news, selling the house is turning my mom into a completely insane and emotionally imbalanced woman.

No comments: