click on photos to enlarge. comments are welcome!

Monday, March 12, 2007

I think it's called senioritis

I long for the days when I actually cared about what I was doing in this place, aiming for some higher, seemingly unreachable goal.

Now that I've actually reached it...I still have 3 months left to waste (Read: drown in alcohol-induced debt) while possibly failing intro level classes (I missed the add deadline to switch to pass/fail)

My midterm tomorrow morning is on Race and Ethnicity...and I must say- taking that class has completely desensitized me to any and all racial issues in American society. I am really tired of reading about white privilege, the Asian American "model minority," gentrification of ghettos, blacks and affirmative action/discrimination, Hispanic/Latino workers, and American Indians.

I suppose doing 6 weeks of reading in 3 days could do that to a person...I just read my syllabus, and apparently going to class and actively participating in discussion is 15% of the grade...I wonder if the Professor even knows what my name is, other than "girl-center-front-row-who-shows-up-once-in-a-while."

Regardless, at least I'm taking that class pass/fail!

ANECDOTE: since we're on the subject of my lack of enthusiasm for anything academic this semester - 2 weeks ago arrived to one of my classes dumbfounded by the fact that we actually had a paper due, so I ended up writing it DURING class on my friend's laptop and emailing it to the TA proclaiming sickness - there are actually several more even stranger twists and turns to this bizarre story, but I don't want the TA to somehow stumble upon this and realize who I am...so I will leave it at that.

No comments: