On my way to the library today (yes, I actually did work) I passed a couple, and they almost made me tear up. They were the quintessential cute couple - not made up, not making out, just holding hands and walking across the quad. The way that they looked at each other and the way that they were interacting with each other made it very clear that these two were obviously in love. And I miss that.
I was never sad about breaking up with the Ex this time, because I cried and broke down about that all last year, and I never dove back into the relationship 100% (which probably contributed to the ultimate demise), but at that moment this morning, I yearned for that feeling again - the feeling that you're not whole without that person, the feeling that he is all you need in this life.
So I listened to some Dashboard Confessional when I got to the library to start working on my Astro final paper (probably not the best idea). I needed the catharsis, or at least maybe feel better about myself because he sounds so miserable.
"And the picture frames are facing down
and the ringing from this empty sound
is deafening and keeping you from sleep.
And breathing is a foreign task
and thinking's just too much to ask
and you're measuring your minutes by a clock that's blinking eights.
This is incredible. Starving, insatiable,
yes, this is love for the first time.
Well you'd like to think that you were invincible.
Yeah, well weren't we all once before we felt loss for the first time?"
click on photos to enlarge.
comments are welcome!
Sunday, May 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that's why i promised myself never to fall for a boy. i believe in hit-n-run.
this sangria isn't so good warm.
Post a Comment