click on photos to enlarge. comments are welcome!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Alma Mater

The parents came into town Thursday night. Friday I gave them a nice tour of the campus, and then proceeded to usher them into various scholarship receptions that I had to attend. The most daunting one of which was the Trustee Dinner.

I didn't really have an idea why I was at the Trustee dinner, but according to the speech - I was one of the 24 students representing the 120 students in the senior class who received a trustee-sponsored scholarship. (Heck if I know which one that was) I was sitting at a table with my 2 parents, 7 trustees, and a vice provost...attempting to tell them why I deserved to be at the table, etc. The entire thing lasted 2 1/2 hours, longest dinner...ever. Surprise announcement of the night? 25million dollar donation by the family of the current Chairman of the Board of Trustees. They already give 5 million dollars a year to the scholarship foundation they set up not too long ago.

That night also marks the last time I will see the boy that I want to be my husband. I called him and told him to come and get his sweatshirt, so he did, and I got in the car for a ride down to where the bars were...and that was it. -sigh- Why do I have to lose him to San Diego of all places! Most graduates all head to NYC or somewhere close on the east coast. Of course, I am lamenting the loss of someone that I never really had (except we both acknowledge the mutual attraction and well, the terrible timing). But oh, what could have been.

I went out that night and got ridiculously plastered. Thank you bored bartender for taking tequila shots with me and giving me about 2 cups full of vodka that motivated me to give lap dances to my two girl friends who were with me. We then trucked on to an apartment party...where I fell on top of my friend because I was attempting to give him a hug and just lost all balance. That was the beginning of the end. I decided that I needed air so I proceeded to go outside on the balcony and start talking to these Brazillian boys...one of which was only 17.

I started reminiscing about high school and asked him about prom, and the next thing I know I'm kissing him on the cheeks for no apparent reason. Granted, a lot of my friends are European or really wish they were, so we do the kisses on the cheeks. I kissed a lot of people that night. All of my favorites were there. It was a great party to end the year and my college career. The pedophilia does not end there. Apparently, the boy was muttering "damnit" under his breath the entire night because he thought I was actually interested in him. So as I was leaving, and saying good-bye to everyone, his brother told me to plant a big one on his brother. Trashed as hell, I decided that was a good idea. So I basically fall onto him, grab his face, and start kissing him. He starts walking away because I probably scared the shit out of him, and I proceeded to grab his (I believe I still remember it) cute behind...several times. And then I finally left.

Apparently, I walk like Donatella Versace when I am drunk - except instead of a martini glass in my hand it's usually a cigarette.

Saturday - tour of the fun places near the campus. My parents and I peaced out pretty early b/c we were walking so much, but I ended up going out that night and take chocolate cake shots (frangelico and vanilla vodka, with lemon and sugar to top it off) and hang out and listen to drunk stories from a friend's drunk mother. A much less crazy night than friday since I had to get my ass up at 8am for the walk.

Sunday - yay graduation. So long, feet hurt so much (but my shoes were so hot), so boring. Got my diploma and it started raining. Oh well. Went to my friend's graduation reception (his dad is a prof) and that was awesome. His mom was SO excited and kind of drunk. She kept on exclaiming how pretty I was so I was in no place to complain about her drunken behavior. It was definitely good times. Best part is when my family and I decided to leave, the Brazillian clan walks in from across the street. I wave at the older brother and I can hear him say "hey there's your girlfriend" to the younger one. Bear in mind this is both in front of my parents and his - and also after 3 glasses of wine on my part - I decided to walk across the street and give him a GIANT hug. I probably made that boy's entire weekend. I do good things. mmhmm.

Now I have to drive home with my parents in a very packed SUV back to the south for the summer. I am hoping there will be less booze (my liver needs to detox) and less fun - I need a semi-normal life.

No comments: