I have been making a lot of impromptu decisions lately, one of which included taking a weekend trip to NYC with HJF.
It was a pretty amazing time - we bummed around SoHo, had lunch in Chinatown, wandered around Washington Heights, etc. We go back to my friend (L) 's apartment, shower, have a couple of shots each, and we head out to Greenwich for dinner and to different clubs/bars, etc.
***I'll actually write about my experience in NYC in a later entry, but chronicling my friend's spiral into insanity merits its own entry***
On the subway, HJF gets extremely offended over something that he wouldn't tell us, so as soon as we get to our stop, he walks the other way and leaves me in NYC with L. He refuses to answer the phone, refuses to listen to our voicemails, so I finally text him and we try to foget about the fact that he was being extremely childish in the way he handled his anger over a bottle of wine and extremely good and cheap (in NYC!) Thai food. I even called all of our college friends to ask that they call him in an attempt to get him to answer the phone. At 11, he texts me back with a message that says he's heading back, and that he hopes we have a great night.
Ok. Clearly, something is wrong here.
1. he wouldn't even tell us why he was mad at us.
2. he LEFT without ANY of his stuff, leaving me in the middle of NYC with his crap and oh yeah, leaving me ALONE in NYC.
So the next day he sends L a message on facebook asking that we ship his stuff to him and he'll just pay the shipping costs. If I had to carry that 40pound piece of crap around with me, I would've chucked it in the nearest river (Hudson) or in the nearest garbage can...or pawn his shit. L took the high road (and she doesn't even know HJF at all) and said she would ship it to him. But she called him first, and demanded to know what exactly was going on.
Basically, from what we gathered, he was angry because we had patronized him the entire time on the subway. How? I do not know. When we asked for specific examples of when we displayed this sort of behavior, he didn't have an answer. He thought that we just wanted to hang out with each other and that he was being a burden on the two of us having fun. Ok. Well, leaving all of your shit in L's apartment is not a burden either?
I thought only girls did shit like this. I just could not believe he threw a fit and just up and left.
So once I get back Monday morning, I start talking to all of my friends because they were all extremely confused and worried about what had happened. Now everyone is ostracizing him, and for good reason.
He left me in NYC, killed HGF's favorite fish by pouring beer into the tank, was being a giant asshole to HBF, and isn't really good friends with Pradabag anyway.
He even dared to instant message HGF yesterday about how we didn't invite him to dinner with us...even though he was walking OUT of the dining hall as we were walking IN, and he had a final later that night. Part of the message included "way to treat me like a second-class friend" and "weak."
Okay you self-righteous bastard, do NOT dare play the victim. You left ME in NYC, how is that treating me any better? You're treating me like a third-world citizen. HGF almost took a knife to his brother's throat when his brother killed his fish...so the fact that your limbs are still intact says something about his ability to move past things. Unlike yours.
I don't even feel upset that our friends are all avoiding him like the plague. He completely and totally deserves it.
click on photos to enlarge.
comments are welcome!
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment