click on photos to enlarge. comments are welcome!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Not Sure How To Feel About This

So I finally got all of my grades back. I did as well as I thought I would do, that is to say, average in 2 classes, and above average in the class that I actually enjoyed.

Summer 2008 outlook is bleek. I've gotten rejection upon rejection, and still more firms that I haven't heard about. I am not sure why these people won't just let me down already. Part of me hopes that some 2L is refusing an offer and thus they'll contact me for an interview. Not likely.

However, on the bright side, a good many of them asked that I apply in the fall. Moreover, one asked that I call to schedule an interview in July should I be in the city at that time. I emailed the firm that I interviewed with my unofficial transcript. After that I emailed 4 more firms who requested my transcript. Good news? One of them is Cravath, Swaine & Moore.

I also got an interview with a public interest group. I didn't think I'd be going this route, so I never signed up for the public interest funding. I'm pissed I didn't, because this place pays $500/week for 10 weeks and the additional funding would've been $4000 for the summer. Granted, I feel like I could definitely coax these public interest people at school into giving me the money.

In other news, I got my tuition bill, and had a major freakout in the library because that's $3500 that I do not have. I looked over my beginning of the semester last semester and realized that my parents didn't account for the tuition in how much they were giving me (or maybe they did and I just completely and totally overspent $3300 in the past 5 months that I've lived here...but I don't see how that could be the case. At most I probably overspent $900, which is not something that I could not make up for with my own money).

Money fucking sucks. It's almost 11 and I still have barely touched on my readings for tomorrow.

In other news, I don't know what exactly is going on with the boy. We don't call each other unless it's absolutely necessary, but we talk on IM all the time...and he hasn't signed on in 2 days. Maybe I'm just being paranoid and weird. But either way, I met a 3L last weekend, and we're going out for drinks tomorrow, so that should be fun. He's super nice but he's also kind of bland (he's going to be doing tax law once he graduates) and innocent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think of him as a still fresh clay lump to manip...mold.

(^___^) said...

one of my old roomies is working at c+s which she dubs her "Egyptian slave drivers"