click on photos to enlarge. comments are welcome!

Saturday, January 5, 2008

New Year.

Last year, at this point, I was single, ready to get out of the south, and ready to graduate college. Right now, I am seeing someone, ready to get TO the south, and ready to be done with law school.

New Years Resolutions? More like lifestyle change - go to the gym more, do more yoga - so far, this has not stuck, or even started. This may start tomorrow, and end Sunday.

I have lunch with some important people on Monday - granted this is not for this summer but I really like the firm and would love for this to be the opportunity to get a firm interview in August for next summer. Tuesday I have interviews at a different firm for a summer position this summer.

I went to Career Services and the lady who I spoke to said that they would most likely be evaluating my intent to be in the city post-graduation - right now I'm split half/half...although I'm leaning more towards the south just because life would be so much less hectic and I would be under a lot less pressure to produce a certain number of hours per year.

The current boy asked about how the meeting went and I mentioned that they'd be looking for intent to be in that particular city post-graduation. He joked that if we got married and I had a job in Atlanta his professor would actually let him get his PhD then (this happened to one of his labmates). Then the conversation turned serious about how he'd at least be able to get a post-doc position at one of the schools down there and there's plenty of industry for him to look for a position at...

I was pretty surprised at this turn of events seeing as how about 3 weeks ago our conversations were stalled at the fact that (1) I'm emotionally challenged since the exboyfriend dropped his bombshell and (2) he enjoys being single and doesn't want to be tied down to anyone.

The last time I slept over at his apartment we had a serious conversation about weddings - not planning our wedding, but just talking about if he were to get married who he'd invite, etc. He asked me if I had a dress in mind and my reply was "no, my friends and I tend to more envision the reception than the wedding...and how my dress would eventually be caught on fire and pradabag would be hitting on one of the groomsmen and scaring all of my relatives."

But I did say that I wanted my dress to be very simple, elegant, classic, yet modern...and also not strapless and no veil. Anyway, he hugged me and said - this is why I like you! I'm not quite sure what that means...maybe that I'm not a very prissy girly girl (he offered me a Slim Jim and said I'd like this but that most girls wouldn't...). I think the conclusion at this point should just be that he is just terrible at compliments.

Anyway, this relationship is reaching an awkward stage - where I think we both feel more than what we've established ourselves as, non-exclusive dating, because I feel bad kissing other boys or making out with them, and would feel bad if he did that with other girls...but at the same time, I have to continuously remind myself that this isn't something that is not allowed in this relationship. So when I spent 3 consecutive nights at his apartment and stayed until 4pm the next day each time, I took the next 5 days off and kept minimal contact because I just really felt that we were getting too close for my comfort for what we had decided to limit ourselves to.

No comments: